Our service to exporters is representation as the lodgement agent for clients who wish to apply for the Export Market Development Grant. The grant process is one based on the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) Act and administered by the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade).
The EMDG Scheme encourages Australian exporters to develop overseas markets for goods, services (including tourism services) and intellectual property and know-how, which are manufactured, provided or developed in Australia. The Scheme provides reimbursement of approximately 50% of eligible expenditure incurred in the promotion and marketing of goods and services to overseas markets (after the initial $5,000 threshold). An Export Grant can amount to $150,000, with a minimum grant payable of $2,500 per annum.
The EMDG Act has been in existence since 1976 and has been amended regularly since its beginnings. Some of the rules & regulations have real bite to them and there are common traps for new players to avoid. That’s where Mitchell & Co.’s experience comes to the fore.
Our success is based on the fact we know what are doing. Our extensive experience in our field lets us:
- Prevent the risk of failure of the grant not being paid, to the best of our ability
- Get your grant paid as quickly as possible, subject to Austrade processing, and
- Maximise your grant return, as we achieve higher returns than self-lodged applications
Mitchell & Co undertake the EMDG application process from cradle to grave. We are here to assist you through the entire process until completion and payment.
A brief 2 page information flyer on our service is included below and can be downloaded. It tells you how good we are (again and again) but also explains the grant expenditure categories you can spend your money on and includes an example of how much money you can get back.
Mitchell & Co’s Process
- Determine your eligibility under rules of the program
- Identify the risk areas for your application and ensure practices and systems are put in place to resolve any issues
- Agreement of our appointment and fee arrangements
- Provide advice on expenditure claimable and non-claimable under the program
- Provide you with a Mitchell & Co EMDG Pack (hard copy and spread sheet based) to add in the correct collation of the required information to fully support and substantiate the claimed expenditure. Expenditure must be focused on an international marketing basis and claimed under the categories set by Austrade
- Assist in the collation of the records via access to both your computer based accounting systems and manual records. We won’t cut down a forest of trees to stack into your photocopier
- Process your information ( yes we accept your expense records in shoeboxes) and prepare a draft grant application which is then sent via email to you for review and signature
- We electronically lodge the application and all supporting documentation with Austrade
- We also attend to any assessment or audit requirements including on-site visits with Austrade
- When the grant is approved we process the payment through our trust account and settle our agreed fee arrangements with you
- If the grant is not approved we will discuss further options to prepare and lodge a request for a second independent review with Austrade.
Ready to go?